“Learn About” Questions
- How did Central High School contribute to changes in the larger society?
- Who were some of the key figures leading the work happening at Central High School in 1957-58?
- What are some of the stories of the Little Rock Nine’s experiences during the 1957-58 school year?
“Learn From” Questions
- What stands out in my high school story?
- Are there things about my high school experience that have shaped who I have become as an adult? In what ways?
- Do I find it easy to believe in myself? Why or why not?
Well, I gotta write this book but the main thing is believing in yourself and this is a lot of tired clichés built around the story but, you know, we all have something to contribute. I don’t think, you know, my mother and my grandfather and my aunt, my brother, my sister, none of us thought that I’d still be talking about finishing high school 60 years later. But the reality is, we all have a high school story to tell and we just have to get young people to believe that the story’s worth telling and that they’ve got something to talk about.