“Learn About” Questions
- What is the meaning of “equality?”
- What is the meaning of “equity?”
- In what ways are both equality and equity important in the world today?
“Learn From” Questions
- In thinking about “there’s always going to be one with their foot on the other,” do I identify most with the person stepping on someone or being stepped on? Why?
- Did I experience “equality” or “equity” or both or neither in my own educational experience? In what ways?
- What is my experience of privilege?
We are constantly talking about equality, equality but is there such a thing? What about equity? And maybe that’s what we should start looking at. Because there’s always going to be one with their foot on the other. There’s always going to be someone at the top that wants to be at the top. But if we have those same advantages or those same resources, at this point what we do with them is upon us, if we all start there with an equity.