“Learn About” Questions
- What is an Indian Reservation?
- Where are Reservations located in the US?
- What is the federal government’s relationship to Reservations?
“Learn From” Questions
- Have I ever visited a Reservation? What was the experience like for me?
- What is my experience with spending time in places that are different from where I am from?
- What are ways I can grow my understanding about people who are different from me?
I think you should do as much as you can to reach folk that definitely need to be reached. When I was in Glasgow, Montana, I think the tribe were Blackfoot. They were up in that. And I think I was telling you, one time I went to where the government, what is the government calls, the reservation. A cinder block place with the cutouts for the windows and just a rag hanging in the window. And I was up there, this was when it was cold, cold, cold. This government treated the native people on those reservations like a piece of garbage. I mean just the fact now, today, there are organizations that have built up, there are people, there are folk out here now that are still pissed that Custer got wiped. When I say, because they think that the white man, not for nothing, but when they came over here, they should’ve just wiped ‘em all out.